cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of SQL fails - wrong user access

TimPoulter
Level 4

Hi,

Trying to figure out an issue with backup an sql server 2008 databases on a remote server.

Below is the erros I am getting.  Now I have looked at TECH144230 and TECH69132

which basically says to check to make sure that the logon account has the sysadmin role on the DB which it does. So I am not sure what the next step is.

Backup- PBCA-DOC1V-79-57344-65088 - WARNING: The DBCC NEWALLOC command requires SA rights.  The consistency check cannot be completed.

User 'guest' does not have permission to run DBCC checkdb for database 'master'.

V-79-57344-65088 - WARNING: The DBCC NEWALLOC command requires SA rights.  The consistency check cannot be completed.

User 'guest' does not have permission to run DBCC checkdb for database 'msdb'.

Backup- PBCA-DOC1\CCHDM_SQLEXP2008V-79-57344-37951 - Database master has failed to freeze for the snapshot backup.

V-79-57344-37951 - Database msdb has failed to freeze for the snapshot backup.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TimPoulter
Level 4

It turns out the database that it was failing on is one we do not need to backup anyway.

It was a temporary one that the 3rd party vendor setup, so on I removed that from the job it backed up the main db fine

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

As you can see from the error messages, you are logged on to the SQL databases as a Guest, not as some id with SA privileges.

Have you tried going to the SQL Server machine and use the BE credentials to do SA tasks?

If you are using a Windows id as the BE credential, did you turn on Windows authenication for the SQL database?

TimPoulter
Level 4

It turns out the database that it was failing on is one we do not need to backup anyway.

It was a temporary one that the 3rd party vendor setup, so on I removed that from the job it backed up the main db fine