cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of new database in SQL 2014 failing.

Stephen_Keating
Level 4

Hello

I have post this question before, but I am still getting the same problem. So let me be thorough about what is happening:

I am using Backup Exec 2014 with the SQL Agent.

The SQL 2014 server is running on Windows 2012R2

I am running the SolidWorks 2019 PDM databases on the SQL server. The backups for the original PDM database has been without error. The latest database added to the SQL server has been failing during the backup.

The owner of the original PDM database is 'sa'

The owner of the new databases is a domain account.

I created a domain account for the backups (not the account listed above as owner). That account has admin rights on the Windows server, and has sysadmin rights in the SQL server. When I do a test of credentials from the Backup Exec server, the test passes for everything.

When I run the backup, the backup fails because the domain account cannot perform the DBCC:

V-79-57344-65085  There is a problem running the DBCC.The server principal "Domain Name\user account" is not able to access the database "tew_data_macro" under the current security context.

This message repeats for all the new databases.

My questions are:

1. Must the databases all have the same owner for the Backup Exec to work?

2. What boxes/properties etc, needed to be checked off in order for the Backup Exec user account to be able to run the DBCC and the backup completed successfully? There must be something not checked, because the backup is running successfully on the original databases.

I am attaching a copy of the log, in the hopes it will give you what information you need.

3 REPLIES 3

Steve-Young
Level 6
Employee

Have you tried this :

SQL Backup failing error "0xe0008443 - one or more SQL Databases consistency checks have failed"
https://www.veritas.com/content/support/en_US/article.100003757.html

I have a feeling this is what I'm looking for. I'll try it tonight.

I made the changes in the link you provided, but the results are still the same. For some reason the BE account cannot run the DGCC. I logged into SQL Management Studio using Windows Authentication. I went to the Logins and made the changes to the database permissions.The BE account now has db_datareader and db_datawriter on the master database and the new databases as well. I also tried to do this by using SQL Authentication and logging in using the account for the databases, but cannot add the Backup Exec user account , I get an error saying I do not have the authority to do this. After making the changes, I ran the backup again, and got the same errors. I have run consistency checks on the databases and they are good (considering their new, no surprise). I have checked and made sure the Restricted Action is set to Multi-user as well. Should I set the Consistency check to None?