cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of primary DC fails with this message: Final error: 0xe000035a - The consistency check of the snapshot for the Microsoft Active Directory, ADAM or AD LDS database has failed. You should check for possible data corruption....

nmatveeev
Level 4

This error comes and goes. I was able to succesfully backup the DC 10 times. Then for some reason is failed on Friday and again on Monday. However when I ran it manually yesterday it went through just fine. It has been happening off and on for about a month now. It succeeds more then it fails.  But tends to get "stuck" in failed for some time. 

This is the exact error:
"Final error: 0xe000035a - The consistency check of the snapshot for the Microsoft Active Directory, ADAM or AD LDS database has failed. You should check for possible data corruption in the Active Directory, ADAM or AD LDS Server that is online.

Final error category: Resource Errors"

I looked at the DC there are no errors reported in the Event Viewer. 

Googling this problem has not come up with any solution. Everything I have read so far does not appear to apply to my situation.

Not sure where to take this..

The server is Windows 2008R2 Standart. It is a VM running on ESXI 4.1, VM version 7.

14 REPLIES 14

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I assume you've checked out the TN below?

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH128608

Have you tried to create a new selection list/backup job with this DC in it and run the job a couple of times to see if it is recreated? If not, it COULD point to corruption in the selection list/backup job...

Thanks!

nmatveeev
Level 4

Yeah I took a look at that however we already have the license.

I'll try making another job thats a good idea thank you. 

nmatveeev
Level 4

So I created a new selection and ran it.

Prior to thar I ran the job on the normal selection.

The normal selection went through. The new selection failed.

It's important to note there is no real consistency here. Sometimes it failes sometimes it doesnt. The only pattern (if any) is it fails after it succeeds and vice versa. One time it did fail 4 times in a row though.

nmatveeev
Level 4

Now it failed 2 times in a row with the new seleciton. So never mind on that fail/success/fail theory.

MusSeth
Level 6
Employee Accredited

check thios forum https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-active-directory-dcgc-final-error-0xe000035a

this might help fix the issue.

nmatveeev
Level 4

Thank you. Going to give that a try. 

nmatveeev
Level 4

Still dealing with this issue.

Have not had a chance to run the scans on the database because it is a DC in production and it is very hard to take it offline.

But even if I did find errors I wouldn't know what to do.

If anyone knows anything about this issue please let me know. I've been googling for days. 

MusSeth
Level 6
Employee Accredited

if you come get an error please post it here we will try our best to help you...

nmatveeev
Level 4

This is the error.

Final error: 0xe000035a - The consistency check of the snapshot for the Microsoft Active Directory, ADAM or AD LDS database has failed. You should check for possible data corruption

nmatveeev
Level 4

Still dealing with this issue.

Anyone dealt with a similar issue?

So far I have

1) Restarted server

2) Built a new job

3) Selected "Use Microsoft Software Shadow Copy Provider" in "Advanced Open File"

4) Turned off GRT

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...uninstall the AD license, reinstall it and try it again...

Thanks!

nmatveeev
Level 4

How would I do that?

I see an "Agent for Microsot Active Directory"  in "License Information"

But if I go to "Install Options and Licenses on this Backup Exec Server" I only see:
Backup Exec 2012
Agent for Applications and Databases <- Is this it?
Agent for Windows
(Maintenance) Agent for App and Databases
(Maintenance) Backup Exec 2012
(Maintenance) Agent for Windows

(Maintenance) Agent for Windows
(Maintenance) Agent for App and Databases
(Maintenance) Backup Exec 2012

I don't see a way to remove the "Agent for Microsoft Active Directory".

Thank you. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Agent for Applications and Databases <- Is this it?

Yes.  The ADRA licence is now rolled into the Agent for Applications and Databases licence.

nmatveeev
Level 4

Tried to. It gives me an error message stating "Product licenses may not be deleted."