cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup of webserver in a DMZ

KSADrew
Level 2
Been searching for a resolution, but can't seem to locate anything that's helped.  Here's what I've got, what I've done, and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

LAN-side:
Media server; Windows 2003 SBS, latest SP installed; Domain controller; SEPM/SEP; Backup Exec 10d
Created a User Defined Resource to webserver in DMZ (port 6000 on firewall opened from DMZ to LAN).  Webserver is NOT in the domain.  Added an administrative account on webserver as a BUE Logon Account.  Can use that credential set in backup job configuration, run test, and it is successful.  Able to select folders on webserver for back up routine.  In Tools > Options > Network and Firewall, have selected ports 5204 through 5214 for the Enable Remote Agent TCP dynamic port range and selected ports 5215 through 5221 for the Enable media server TCP dynamic port range.

DMZ-side:
Webserver; Windows 2003 Standard, not a domain member.  Runs SEP; BUE Remote Agent installed

Firewall;
Cisco ASA.  Ports 10000, 6000, and 5204 through 5221 allowed from DMZ into LAN.  Traffic from LAN to DMZ trusted and unrestricted.

When attempting to backup the User Defined selections of the webserver, the job fails with error code 0xe000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.  Links to V-79-57344-33932.  When following that link, the first reference is to a Linux server backup (not helpful), multiple Exchange backups (not helpful or relevant), backing up Sharepoint services (not helpful), and one troubleshooting link.  Following that last link indicates several things to check out (including port 10000 on the remote server being shared, which it is not).  None of those options have helped resolve the situation.  I have also followed the following link (http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/278944.htm), and had a Cisco engineer verify that the ports on the firewall are configured correctly. 

If anyone has any suggestions on what else to check out or configure, your input is much appreciated.
0 REPLIES 0