cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup one remote Netware server to two different locations

Aaron_Doty
Level 3
Hi -

I have one Netware server. I'd like to back it up to two different locations. Can the Remote Agent for Netware be used from two different Backup Exec for Windows servers, provided I have two licenses?

Are there any issues with backups scheduled at the same time?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
As long as you have a base license for each media server and one RemoteAgent Serial for each target server, you can backup the target server to any media server

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please update us whether your problem has been resolved.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Aaron_Doty
Level 3
This really didn't answer my question. I do have the licenses, but I want to know if there are any technical issues with backup to two different Windows servers from one Netware server simultaneously.

What if I have a two Windows servers doing a full backup of one remote Netware server and both Windows systems are scheduled to kick off at 1AM. Will this work?

Thanks

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

To backup one remote server from two windows servers where Backup Exec is installed it is recommneded to back it up one after the other.

If our understanding regarding your issue is incorrect please elaboarte.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Aaron_Doty
Level 3
I was able to get this function correctly.
Thanks.