cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup responding with license error within CASO-MMS setup

TokiHacker
Level 3

So I have a site that their backup (remote from the location of the server) takes so long to complete a full backup (10+ days) so I have setup a synthetic backup. After the full finally finished, everytime a synthetic Full tries to run or a incremental to the same disk for the synthetic I get the following error:

0xe000847e - This edition of the product is not licensed for the requested operation.
Final error category: System Errors

All help appreciated thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As Synthetic backups are part of ESO, I suspect you will need in ESO license on both the CAS and the MBE/MMS servers for Synthetics to run. (just make sure you only setup the CAS on the main server.)

I believe an ESO license covers up to 5 servers for activities that would originally have been part of the old licensing model using the Advanced Disk Backup Option (ADBO) such as Synthetic backups. However as Tech Support are not responsible for dealing with licensing queries, you may need to talk to our customer care team to confirm this. (and they do not regularly monitor these forums )

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

lmosla
Level 6

Hello Tokihacker,

What version of Backup Exec are you running? Check out the  Best practices for Backup Exec 2010 synthetic backup for troubleshooting

TokiHacker
Level 3

Backup exec 2012

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

As Synthetic backups are part of ESO, I suspect you will need in ESO license on both the CAS and the MBE/MMS servers for Synthetics to run. (just make sure you only setup the CAS on the main server.)

I believe an ESO license covers up to 5 servers for activities that would originally have been part of the old licensing model using the Advanced Disk Backup Option (ADBO) such as Synthetic backups. However as Tech Support are not responsible for dealing with licensing queries, you may need to talk to our customer care team to confirm this. (and they do not regularly monitor these forums )