cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup-server in a seperate workgroup backing up multiple servers in multiple domains

Kurt-Erik_Karls
Level 2
Partner

Hi there!

I'm trying to figure out if the following configuration is working and is supported by Symantec BackupExec:

I have one backup-server in a workgroup (or seperate domain) that is backing up multiple servers in multiple domains. The backup server cannot be in a domain with domain-trust and all of the other domains are in seperate forest and there should not be ANY trust between them or the backup-server's (workgroup or domain) because of security.

I have set this up in a lab environment and it seems to working, I have tested file, exchange and ad backup/restore.

So is this a supported configuration of BackupExec and will it work with all agents/options (except CASO) in different backup/restore scenarios?

1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You could use the connect as feature when creating selection lists, to specify an ID with Admin Rights in the target Domain. The problem with this is that the ID and Password are sent in the clear (unencrypted). 

In your environment, if security is as strict as you describe, then this may not be acceptable