cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup server not available after windows update 09/12

RobRodrigues
Level 4

Hi all,

Since last tuesday patch my backup server 2014 wich is running all jobs correctly is showing an issue wich is the following:

In the bottom bar if i go be services i get server not available and i can't anything regarding the services, but if o fo windows servives mmc all BE services and also enterprise services are also runnig. Once again i say i have all jobs working only the BE service windows can't connect to server. Also the BE main console when openning i have to insert the credentials to login to BE console, but everything works.

Windows server 2008 R2 Standard BE 2014 Beta 2

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...your only other alternagive, besides upgrading, is to uninstall the patches applied, and then reapply them one-by-one.

i also assume that the account is not locked out in AD?

THanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

CraigV

...reset the service account credentials in BE, and then use BEutility.exe to do the same to see if this fixes it.

THanks!

RobRodrigues
Level 4

Still the same issue.

I will review all latest updates aplied bu Wsus to see if any update is related with authentication methods or whatsoever.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
You should upgrade your BE 2014 to the actual release and update it to SP1

RobRodrigues
Level 4

I haven't upgraded because my licence is only to be 2012.

My admin were very sad with BE 2012 comparing to BE 2010 wich was the first version we bought and decided not to buy futher upgrades until i get a stable backup/recovery platform.

Indeed this beta 2014 was the most stable BE sollution so far, i managed to get months of continued backups without a failure and also a lab recovery tests that also went very well.

CraigV

...your only other alternagive, besides upgrading, is to uninstall the patches applied, and then reapply them one-by-one.

i also assume that the account is not locked out in AD?

THanks!

RobRodrigues
Level 4

I think that i could unninstall the patch installed and see wich one cause the error but it's a tremendous time comsuption and also i can't get that server down much time.

Thanks for all the effort trying to realize what went wrong.

In a few weeks i'm going to give a try to beta 2015 and see what goes then.