cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup sets-tape Storage-Unable to view the files inside Backup Set E:

nfougeroux
Level 4

Hello,

I have 3 cartridges where i have a full backup done in June 2015.

I have did a good inventory and good catalog for the three tapes. but afetr when i go to restore at this date is see nothing. 

And in the backup set too, te drive E :\ is empty, it show "None" No files  .instead of 1 Tera of data . How can we fix this big HORRIBLE bug ??

Thd drive d:\ and C:\ seems ok.

A case is open in symantec with no answers....since 15 days ..

2015-10-09_14h12_15.png

2015-10-09_14h11_41.png

7 REPLIES 7

CarlyH
Level 3
Employee

Can you DM me your case number? I'd like to look into this for you.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Is your E: drive under DSFR? If so, then you need to look for your files under the Shadow Copy Component. Files under DSFR will not be backed up in the normal file backup

nfougeroux
Level 4

Not it is simple server file.

nfougeroux
Level 4

Yes  great , yes you can 

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you go the the Backup and Restore Secreen and click on the object for the SIDSERV.. (sorry can't read the complete name in your screenshot) and then click the restore button (to work through the restore wiztad) when you get to the selections to restore, can you see the e: drive selections for the day you are interested in?

nfougeroux
Level 4
Yes i can se the drive. But at the right i see none....

CaffeineFree
Not applicable

nfougeroux, were you able to resolve this? I am currently going through the same thing. I have a bunch of tapes that contain files from a share located on a DataDomain appliance. When I catalog the tapes, I can see the backup sets but nothing inside those backup sets. We only write to tape once a month. If I look at the backup sets that haven't been written to tape I can see files. Only when the backups are moved to tape that they are no longer accessible. I've had a support case open for two weeks but no progress has been made.

This is critial as I need to recover a domain controller.