cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to Disk folder problems with NAS

ajf
Level 2
We have two identically setup NAS boxes that we are/want to rotate on a weekly basis for non-critical backups.
The NAS box is turned off at night and taken offsite.

I have set a share on both called 'backup' and created a B2D folder pointing to \\nasIP\backup

The backup initially runs without issues.
However when plugging in the next morning, BAckup Exec often does not see the device as being live for quite while.
A number of refreshes or running a scan generally fixes it.

I have then had another problem swapping the physical boxes.
It seems to keep the old box 'cached' for want of a better word and lists the old boxes media.
It also then insists that the disk space is low, even though the files are cleared down.

Any help would be appreciated.
I also noticed there is a Removable Backup to Disk Folders option. Should I use this instead perhaps?

Thanks
Andrew
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Try pausing the device you remove and unpausing the one that you attach

if you want to automate this, create a BEMCMD job that pauses both, then unpauses both

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Try pausing the device you remove and unpausing the one that you attach

if you want to automate this, create a BEMCMD job that pauses both, then unpauses both

ajf
Level 2
Thanks.
That did the trick!

Andrew

baueraj
Level 2
How do I set up a share on my NAS to create a B2D folder?  I am using an enterprise NAS running a linux OS, and want to use the NAS with consolidated backup and backup exec.  I can't get Backup exec to see my NAS and add it.

Thanks

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

You should really start a new thread,  since this has already been marked "Solved"