cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup-to-Disk on NFS Shares

r11563
Level 2

Hello

I'm currently running Backup Exec on Windows 2008 R2 domain controller. How can I create a backup-to-disk folder on a remote NFS share (hosted by a NAS device) ?

Thanks.

Ricardo

3 REPLIES 3

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Yes it is supported . refer the as well compatibility guide http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH137050

Altimate1
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

According permissions are well configured on the NAS, you can use a network share as BE backups repository. Follow this to configure:

Configure storage Wizzard > select Disk Storage (should be the upper one in the list) (next) > select Disk Storage (next) > give a name (next) > select Network share and enter the share like this \\IP_address(orFQDN)\Share_name (example: \\10.7.2.27\rhevnfs)

Regards

teiva-boy
Level 6

Because you NAS device is serving up NFS, you only need to make sure you can access it from Windows.  Which in many cases means adding in the addtional software for Windows I think called "Client for NFS."  Usually found in the Add/Remove Programs.

From there, it's just the typical UNC path access for your Backup 2 Disk setup.

Why not just enable CIFS on your NAS?  It's easier and cleaner.  And for most any NAS, running 2, 3, or even 4 protocols is no problem.  The problem with NFS is sometimes the ACL's.