cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to Disk started failing on 9.1

artheim
Level 2
Have been using 9.1 on Windows Server 2003 Std Ed SP2 for over a year, but now am unable to get a backup job to run.  When a test run is performed, the Max needed amount increases by 1,000 + MBs each time the test job is run, but overright bytes is 971 MB online and 178,256 Media total - cannot change that, and test job fails.  Scheduled jobs simply stayed queued or running until cancelled but no data is written to the DVD RW media.  New media has been tried, formated to INcd format without error, and can manually copy files to the media successfully.  Looking for suggestions on what to look for, or how to get the backups to run again.
2 REPLIES 2

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

The "Queued" State means Backup Exec is not finding the Destination OR there is some issue with the destination.

To isolate the issue:
1  : Create a Backup to disk folder
2  : Run a small TEST job on the Backup to Disk folder

Lets see what happens....

Also let me know since when are facing this issue ? Were the backups successful with current settings before?

artheim
Level 2
Also let me know since when are facing this issue ? Were the backups successful with current settings before?

Last good backup was around a month ago using the same job setup that now fails.  As far as I know, no changes have been made to the job setup or BE just prior to it failing.  Several things have been tried since then to no avail.

To isolate the issue:
1  : Create a Backup to disk folder
2  : Run a small TEST job on the Backup to Disk folder

I don't know how to explicitly create a B2D folder.. please give detail instructions.  I deleted all of the existing jobs that had been defined (and scheduled) and created a new test job.  I then tried a test run of it and it failed the same way the prior jobs had failed.

In looking at the media tab, I see that all of my backups are listed (B2D files and folders) in the offline folder and there are none in the online folder.  How do I get any defined in the online folder.  I tried catalog and inventory, but I was not able to get either to add anything there.  Reformatting a new DVD with INcd also did not appear to put anything there.  Need I be concerned with that or is that not the source of my problem?  Thanks for any help/suggestions.