cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to Disk to Tape and then to tape again

RLC0101
Level 4
I am fairly new to Backup Exec.   We are running BEW 12.5 and have successfully got jobs backing up multiple servers data to disk.  We then added a duplicate backup sets job to run upon completion of the B2D job to write the date to tape.  This is all good and we have been able to restore data from disk & tape.  We completed these tasks by manually creating the B2D job and then using the New Job to Backup Duplicate Backup Sets to write the data to tape.

The last part of our backup strategy will be to write the B2D backup sets to another set of tapes for off-site storage.    We have set up 5 partitions on our tape drive (1-4 (Week1), 5-8 (Week2), 9-12 (Week3), 13-16 (Monthly), 17-20 (Off-Site)).  I need help understanding the best method to get the data to the 17-20 partition for off-site storage.  

Basically, we are running 3 weekly complete jobs (maintained for 28 days) and then a monthly job (that will be maintained for 12 months).   We would like to have duplicate sets of the weekly and monthly jobs maintained off-site and then brought back on-site as appropriate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.    
2 REPLIES 2

edarby22
Level 2
I'm implementing 12.5 now as well and an very interested in this strategy.  For Backup to diskk what kind of media did you use, NAS or SAN?

I'm interested in adding a tray to my SAN and putting an iSCSI connection in place.  Any thoughts?

RLC0101
Level 4
edarby22,

Sorry, haven't checked this thread for a while.

We are using ISCSI SAN for our B2D.  It is working well.  We are still working out all the kinks, but so far so good