cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to disc out of space

dreamerkan2
Level 3

We are using Symantec Backup exec 2010 R2 with VMWare Agent

When we are doing a backup on our file server VM and backup to Disc, the folder is out of space. The system prompt "Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command."

We clear the folder and free up enough space to complete the backup job.

When we response ok, the system just keep on prompt "Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command."

How can we continue the backup?

Ivan

8 REPLIES 8

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Click on Tools->Alerts ->Media Overwrite Alert->set it clear out after 1 min and respond with YES.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...to prevent this, recheck your OPP/append periods on your media set/s, and make sure they are correct. If not, make the necessary changes to ensure you have enough B2D files available for your backup run.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

After clearing the disk, did you go to the Devices tab and pause/unpause the B2D folder that is used by the job?

dreamerkan2
Level 3

I will try next time as the job is cancel.

I face the same problem on duplicate to tape now.

The tape had been used for 63GB only and still have over 200GB capacity left.

All duplicate job request insert a overwritable tape!

What can I do?

Ivan

dreamerkan2
Level 3

Already Set!

dreamerkan2
Level 3

I have set 6 days for overwrite and appendable.

Kiran_Bandi
Level 6
Partner Accredited

To use the 63 GB filled tape for the next backup job, it should be either appendable or overwritable. If it is not, then BE will not use it to write backups. Verify your duplicate to tape jobs media ser properties.

If a backup/duplicate job spans over multiple media, first tape can be either overwritable or appendable media but the following tapes must be overwritable medias. 

Regards...

dreamerkan2
Level 3

I have reset the appendable and overwritable period and see how's the backup going.

thx alot.

Ivan