cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to disk failing

Zan
Level 3

Running 12.5 backup exec and having trouble with backup to disk.

We had issues with the server that held the disks going offline and not readable.  We've fixed that and it's now readable by the OS (Server 2008).  

I tried doing an inventory of the device, but it keeps going offline.  I get the error:

Error category : Backup Device Errors
Error : e0008115 - Physical Volume Library Drive or Robot paused, offline, or disabled.

I tick enable again on the device and try to run a small backup job.  It just sits in queued status.

I try a test run and it fails with the following:

Error : e0008703 - Job failed running its test run. See logfile for details.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-34563

Any ideas?

Edit: Just want to note, it originally gave us a disk full message before we figured out it could write to it at all, so we manually deleted some of the BKF files from the disk. (which I could potentially be a mistake)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steve-Young
Level 6
Employee

There is a folder.cfg and changer.cfg in the Backup to disk location.   I would rename or move them out (save them) out of the folder.  Restart the BE services.

They should get re-created if everything is correct in the environment.

If they dont get re-created then it could be  a rights issue and or something with the server/share hosting the b2d location.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve-Young
Level 6
Employee

There is a folder.cfg and changer.cfg in the Backup to disk location.   I would rename or move them out (save them) out of the folder.  Restart the BE services.

They should get re-created if everything is correct in the environment.

If they dont get re-created then it could be  a rights issue and or something with the server/share hosting the b2d location.

Thank you very much for that.  It has resolved one issue.  I can now see the media in the B2D folder and it looks to be online and working.

I just tried to run a quick backup job, but it's stuck in Queued stats.  I check the devices tab and in the B2D folder section, my device is there, enabled and online and says - In use next to it.  Scrolling through the listed media, it looks like its going through all the exiting media on there, but not doing anything else.

Seemingly randomly, it picks up a file, puts the little green (>) symbol in the icon for it, sits there for 8 seconds, then goes to another one.  There's around 300+ existing files on the folder, so I calculated it to take around a hour to go through them all at this pace.

2 hours later the job is still queued and it's still doing the same thing.

Any ideas now?