Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup to disk folders are not found

ramy_shaker
Level 4

Dears ,

please  help me ,

all  backup to disk folders are not exist and all backup jobs  couldn't be run  as per the attached snapshots , i don't find any record in the backup to disk folder table of the databvase , i restpred an old database backup , but it doesn't solve the problem

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ramy_shaker
Level 4

Solved after  join the server to  caso and restoring  CASO database .

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

What changes you made exactly due to which you see this happening. you can try reloading from backup using beutility ,open beutility & then right click on your server name & then click on recover database & then click on reload from backup & see if that helps

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Why are you asking the user to reload his database?  If you read his post properly, he said that he has already restored his database.  Do not post for the sake of posting.

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

But then he has not explained the way how he has reloaded his database back. So this would be helpful if he has not done this step. As reload from backup will use .bak file which is updated everday after maintainence.

Thanks

pkh
   VIP    Certified

A restore is a restore.  What difference does the method makes?

ramy_shaker
Level 4

there  was no communication with caso server for long time ,

i was trying to reconnect the server with caso , but the divices are hidden ,

i open the backup to disk tables , they doesn't have records about the  devices.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

OK...so now we know a CASO is involved.

Remove the server from the CASO and re-add it back again. Where are your catalogs and job information stored? On the media server or the CASO?

ramy_shaker
Level 4

i removed the server from caso

but  it doesn'r  be solved

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

OK...so the server is now a stand-alone again!

Next step, check and make sure the SQL services on the affected server are started up.

If they are, then the server doesn't point to the CASO server as the database server. If the SQL services aren't started up for BE (BKUPEXEC), then open up regedit and make a copy of the registry to a secure location. Once done, do a search for the CASO server's name and if you find anything in the Symantec key, then replace it with the local server name. Then try starting up the services again.

Otherwise see if your B2D folders are still physically on that server. If so, simply recreate them.

ramy_shaker
Level 4

I open the backup to disk folder table it is empty as below

ramy_shaker
Level 4

Solved after  join the server to  caso and restoring  CASO database .