cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup2Disk Keeps failing!

itianuk
Level 3

Hello,

I have a backup policy which runs, one set of backs run to tape...........there fine, but when the B2D kick in they fail every single time, they were running fine before, these are the 2 errors I get:

Job ended: Saturday, December 18, 2010 at 3:00:55 AM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0x4c0049 - 0x  4c0049 (4980809)
Final error category: Other Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-76-73

You go to the link provided and theres : No Answers Found

Error Code: 1004C0049

The other B2D also gives me this:

Backup- C:
- Error loading machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery information. Error: 183 Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Backup- D:
- Error loading machine specific Intelligent Disaster Recovery information. Error: 183 Cannot create a file when that file already exists.

Backup- S:

Backup- EDG-09-FILE1\BKUPEXEC

Backup- Shadow?Copy?Components

Backup- System?State

I've searched for this error and tried the suggested and it doesnt work!

We are running 2003 x64 Storage Server, with Backup Exec 12.5 (Fully Patched)

Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Are you using the IDR option in Backup Exec?

If not, go to tools-->install options and License--> uncheck IDR and restart the BE services and perform backups again...

Gurvinder
Employee Accredited Certified

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Go to your IDR primary path normally the IDR/data directory under the BE installation directory and delete all the .dr files that you find there.  Also, delete all the .dr files under the IDR alternative path if you are using alternative path.  Then it should be o.k. when you re-run your backup job.

itianuk
Level 3

Thanks, i'll try these and come back to you.

Does anyone know why I am getting the first error..............where I cant find no information relating to it?!

itianuk
Level 3

the first backup failed again..............waiting for 2nd to finish

itianuk
Level 3

Update: the second failed jobs are working now!

but still the first is failing with Error Code: 1004C0049

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Post the joblog of the failing job in mhtml format.