cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 10d stopped sending attachments with job log

mark_fletcher
Not applicable
Hi,

We are running bog standard Windows 2003 R2 Server/Exchange 2003 on our BE server - all fully patched, with pretty clear event logs. One of two DC’s. For some reason BE (10d + SP4) has stopped attaching the html report to the job log I am sending to three internal mail recipients via smtp. It worked fine up until a few weeks ago and for no apparent reason just stopped. E-mails are received but no attachments. Have checked all filters to ensure SPAM/AV scanners are not blocking (Using McAfee GroupShield 7.1) and have checked local Outlooks to ensure they are not blocking and that they can receive html content. Have also checked inbound message size filter - set to 40MB so not this either. Exchange logging shows the e-mail being delivered but does not identify if there is an attachment other than the message size appears to be too small for an attachment. So BE is either not sending the attachment in the first place or something I have missed is removing it.

Any help would be most grateful - this is doing my head in.
2 REPLIES 2

riva11
Level 6
Do you have the same issue sending email with attachments on internal and also external mailbox ?

Regards,
Paolo

bjash
Level 4
 Have you tried unchecking the attach job log, submitting the job, then checking the box back and submitting again?  Maybe this manual toggle and write of the job notification settings will clear it up.

Does this also occur with newly created jobs?