cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 11d agents hangs the job...

Tobias_Hansen
Level 3
Partner
After upgrading to BE 11d, not only have I serious problems with my Domino Agents, the server agents has gone mad as well. I have one Incremental job backing up 17 servers that runs each week day. First day goes fine, but next day the job hangs, on different servers each time. For the job to go well again, I have to restart all BE Agents. All this has happened after I upgraded the Media server and all the Agents to the latest version of BackupExec, my previous version 9.1 installation worked like a charm.
3 REPLIES 3

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Which version of Lotus Domino are you using?

Regards
Padmaja

Tobias_Hansen
Level 3
Partner
Hi,

I'm running Domino 6.5.4 FP1 and Domino 7.0.1 FP1 on my servers. The problem occurs in both versions.

An other error is the problem with selecting all databases on the servers when it seems like BackupExec can't se all the databses. I have tried the whole procedure to empty out the NotesDBC.UCJ from the Logs directory on the agent server without results. I have also tried the following procedure without result:
-uninstalling the agent
-unselecting the whole server in BE
-restarted the media server
-re-installed the agent again
-tried to reselect the databases

/TobiasMessage was edited by:
Tobias Hansen

James_McKey
Level 5
Employee Certified
It sounds as though you may be running into the problem described in the TechNote below:

A Lotus database backup performed with the Backup Exec Lotus Agent hangs or fails with the error 'The journal entry has been deleted from the journal'
http://support.veritas.com/docs/287329

If you find that is the problem you are experiencing, check the TechNote regularly as Engineering is working towards a resolution for the issue.