cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 11d & Solaris 10 with Linux/RALUS/UNIX Agent Logon Account

Joe_Murray
Not applicable

I've recently installed the RALUS agent on a Solaris 10 system.  I had no issues during installation.  I am unable to see the system listed under my BackupExec Media Server.  I created a user-defined selection which points to the Solaris system.  When attempting to expand the Solaris system on my BackupExec Media Server user-defined selection it continues to prompt me for the logon credentials.  I've used root and various other accounts which I added to the BEOPER group on Solaris which was created during installation.

What am I doing wrong? I'm unable to expand the user-defined selection to see any type of directories on the Solaris system.  Thanks in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2

Anser_Arif
Level 4
Certified

hi Joe,

Looking at the case, there could be some issues with the remote agent configurations. 

Please post me the details of the file: /etc/VRTSralus/ralus.cfg.

Also, try to telnet the solaris server from backup exec server (Media Server) on port 10000.

Please stop the remote agent service on Solaris box and try telnet on port 10000, it should fail.

Also, after starting the remote agent service, telnet on port 10000 should succeed.

Further, try telnet the Media Server from Solaris box in the same fashion.

Regards,

Anser Arif.

Wolfteeth
Level 3

Hi, Anser Arif,

I encountered same issue, I ensure that service is started and did you mentioned testing. ( when service stopped, telnet failed, when service started, telnet success.)
below is my ralus.cfg file and the media server IP address is 192.168.0.221, but when I setup backup job on the Media server, I could see my Linux server name under Favorite Resources -> Linux/Unix Servers, but when I explorer it, a error prompts: “An error was encountered while attempting to browser the contents of linux.. ”

could you please give more advice? thanks.

Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Agent Browser\TcpIp\AdvertisementPort=6101
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Debug\AgentConfig=0
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Debug\VXBSAlevel=5
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertise All=1
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertise Now=0
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertisement Purge=0
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertising Disabled=0
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Advertising Interval Minutes=240
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Agent Directory List 1=192.168.0.221
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Auto Discovery Enabled=1
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Logging\RANT NDMP Debug Level=0
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\Encoder=
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\ShowTSAFS=
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude1=/mnt/nss/pools/
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude2=/mnt/nss/.pools/
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemExclude3=/_admin/*.*
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemFSTypeExclude1=devpts
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemFSTypeExclude2=proc
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemFSTypeExclude3=sysfs
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemFSTypeExclude4=rpc_pipefs
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemFSTypeExclude5=tmpfs
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemFSTypeExclude6=ftp
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\SystemFSTypeExclude7=ntfs
Software\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\RALUS\VfmPath=/opt/VRTSralus/VRTSvxms