Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 12.5 and Windows Server 2008 x64 SP2 agent problem

MichalS
Level 2
Hi
I have two servers :

1. Win2008 x64 SP2 Server Domain Controler with BackupExec 12.5 SP2 Media Server and LTO4 Tape drive,
2. Win2008 x64 SP2 Server with Exchange 2007, BackupExec Agent for Exchange 2007 and LTO4 Tape drive.

when I added a NDMP Server and try to create a job on Media Server to backup Exchange 2007 server to his LTO4 Tape drive i can't see his stand-alone LTO4 drive in devices.

I have installed the last hotfix's and update's on BackupExec

thanks for any advices..

regards

Michal

3 REPLIES 3

Steve_W_
Level 6
Employee Accredited
The LTO 4 drive that is connected to the Exchange server would need to be connected to the media server.  There isn't an option in Backup Exec to use a remote drive attached to a remote Windows server without that server being a media server.  The only way for this to work would be to install the Full product on the Exchange server. 

MichalS
Level 2
Has the Backup Exec had ever this option before?? I saw a configuration with remote media agent and it didn't need to have media server on remote server with remote drive installed. The only difference betwen my system and the other was, OS on servers (there was Windows 2003 Server)

best reagrds

Michal

MichalS
Level 2
Folowing this article, the NDMP options works ..https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/blogs/backup-exec-agents-and-options

regards

Michal