cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 12 error

BackupExec_12_a
Not applicable
I got this problem after I installed BackupExec 12 on a WIN 2003 R2 server running Lotus Domino 6.5.5.:

An error occured during backup. See the job log for details.

And the help from Symantec is:

This error message is seen when an unknown error is returned from Lotus Domino.  

Please contact Symantec Technical Support for additional assistance with this issue

Is there anyone who can give more support than this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Roscoe2008
Not applicable

We upgraded to Backup Exec V12 and also Lotus notes 8. For a few weeks, all our Domino backups have been failing with the following error

Error category : Job Error : e00084b8 - An error occurred during backup. See the job log for details.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33976

I have been in contact with Symantec who have told me to do the following:

in the registry changed the key from 1 to 0

HKLM\Software\Symantec\Backup Exec for Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\DOMINO\

Enable Change Journal = 0 and Enable Notes Database Filtering = 0

I then deleted c:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\logs and deleted NOTESDB*.UCJ

This must have work once and then the backups continued to fail again with the same error.

For the past three nights now we have had a successful backup of all Domino servers and all i ended up doing was excluding the following file from the c: lotus Domino database

winnt\servicepackfiles\i386

Hope this works for you.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12

David_Cook_5
Level 3
Can you please give us any more detail. Are there errors in the event log, are services crashing, are there any other symptoms?

There is an error message, but what is the problem that you are facing?

jecdk
Level 2

I upgraded from a version 9 to 12 over 11D.

Before our Notes backup had NO problems. Now I get the following...

1. day :

Error category    : Job Errors
Error                 : e00094a0 - The Lotus Domino server timed out during an operation. Restart the Backup Exec Remote Agent for Windows Systems service.
                    For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-38048

2. day :

Error category    : Resource Errors
Error                 : e000848c - Unable to attach to a resource.  Make sure that all selected resources exist and are online, and then try again.
                    For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33932

The was a articel about a error that looked the same so on the Notes server I in the registy changed under the key

and I deleted c:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\logs and deleted NOTESDB*.UCJ

We are running Notes 7.

Looking forward to hearing from some or all.....

But I still get the same erreo and NOW I need help....

Joji
Level 5
hi, did you get any reply on this issue? have resolved the problem? I'm having the same issue after upgrading from 11d to 12. thanks.

Symanticus
Level 6

Gees...

I'm about to backup the Notes 6.5.2 database as well in my Windows Server 2003, after seeing this couple of post error message, now i began to doubt to use Domino Agent to backup only the .NSF file.

Is anyone able to backup .NSF file only using normal BE12 Windows Agent ?

Joji
Level 5
i had issues after issues after upgrading (11d to 12) the RAWS on Lotus servers. i decided to downgrade and use RAWS 11d. never tried backing up .nsf files with just RAWS. if you'll try this toute, could you please let me know if ot worked for you. thanks.

Roscoe2008
Not applicable

We upgraded to Backup Exec V12 and also Lotus notes 8. For a few weeks, all our Domino backups have been failing with the following error

Error category : Job Error : e00084b8 - An error occurred during backup. See the job log for details.

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-33976

I have been in contact with Symantec who have told me to do the following:

in the registry changed the key from 1 to 0

I then deleted c:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\logs and deleted NOTESDB*.UCJ

This must have work once and then the backups continued to fail again with the same error.

For the past three nights now we have had a successful backup of all Domino servers and all i ended up doing was excluding the following file from the c: lotus Domino database

winnt\servicepackfiles\i386

Hope this works for you.

Joji
Level 5
Thanks Roscoe2008 for the reply. I will try this amd will let you know if it worked.

rhall_2
Level 3

am i the only one that is flat out furious that Symantec would disable the backups of the NSF files on an upgrade to a new version, and let us go for, in my case over a month, without me knowing that the NSF files were not being backedup after the upgrade to the newer version of thier software....

pretty stupid move on thier part if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Cyberfed
Level 2

I'm in the same boat, I have a domino 7 server that gets the same error messages when backing up the server. Its domino 7 on a 2k3 server with sp2

It gets to about 96% and fails.

I have made the changes to the registry and posted on some forums and rebooted. Still no luck.

I now noticed the suggestion to delete the two UCJ files. I have done that and kicked off a backup as we speak (Oct 29th 2008 11:40 a.m.) 

I will update you all if deleting these two UCJ files in combination with the registry changes works for me.

Cyberfed
Level 2

Well deleting the to two UCJ files helped a little.

Backup ran 100% and then failed. Same error code.

Call symantec again, I was told it may be failing due to the following two files on my domino server:

C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\pscript.ntf in use - skipped.
The item FLVSDOMINO01HQ|C:\WINDOWS\system32\spool\drivers\w32x86\3\PSCRIPT.NTF in use - skipped.

B.E thinks these are domino files and thus returns a failed message. This NTF files are not lotus related. So I removed them from my backup routine and kick off a backup...its running now. Lets see.

Also I tried to do a restore from my "failed" backups and I was able to, so it may indeed be these two rouge windows files causing my problems (and maybe yours?).

Cyberfed
Level 2

Just a follow up both the windows\servicepackfiles\pscrip.ntf

and system32\spool\drivers\...\pscript.ntf

STILL fail even though I deleted the job and told Backup Exec to not back them up, I told BE to not even back up that whole folder.

Still tries to skip them and says they are in use.

No solution thus far.

I have created a new backup job that ONLY backups up the domino databases and not the C: drive or anything else. This works, won't allow me to restore the server, but it will allow me to restore the databases which is enough for mangement...if someone finds a REAL SOLUTION please post here.

For anyone reading this, we have had exactly the same issue:  BE reporting that the entire backup had failed because of some NTF files in the Windows directory.

We resolved it by removing all non-Domino related folders from the Lotus database path selections.   ( I think the guy that was still having trouble might have removed the folders from the normal selections list )

We were getting failures every night so first we changed the schedules of the Domino Compact / Fixup jobs so they wouldn't be running during backups.   This allowed the backup to complete, but still with a failure as above.

To resolve, I set the Domino databases selections to only backup folder paths containing Domino databases.

Done !