cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 15 Feature Pack 3 and Media Statistics Error

ZCA
Level 2

I installed Feature Pack 3 on 2 servers yesterday and today I saw the following error on both servers:

Warning: "Media Statistics have been lost sometime in the past"

Overnight backups on both servers completed without errors. The Media Statistics errors occurred when the scheduled backups began. 

These servers are:

Dell PowerEdge R620

HP LTO-5 Ultrium Drives

Servers are identical in all aspects.

Neither of these servers have ever gotten this error before. They have both been in operation since 12-1-2014. It appears that the media information (Media Sets, media statistics) is still intact on both servers. I find it odd that I only got this error after installing Feature Pack 3. So I'm hoping to find out:

1. Is this error the result of installing Feature Pack 3?

2. Is this error even a concern?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I believe that you are seeing a TapeAlert, specifically #50.  If so, this message came from the tape drive itself and has nothing to do with BE.

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000038278

How to determine the cause of a Tape Alert (Hardware) message that is reported in the Backup Exec job log

50    Lost Statistics    W    Media statistics have been lost at some time in the past    Drive or library powered down with tape loaded

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Larry_Fine
   VIP   

I believe that you are seeing a TapeAlert, specifically #50.  If so, this message came from the tape drive itself and has nothing to do with BE.

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000038278

How to determine the cause of a Tape Alert (Hardware) message that is reported in the Backup Exec job log

50    Lost Statistics    W    Media statistics have been lost at some time in the past    Drive or library powered down with tape loaded

ZCA
Level 2

You were exactly right. The error was a Tape Alert Error (which I neglected to mention in my post). Also, I did power off the HP tape drive box containing the tape drives without ejecting the tapes 1st, which would explain the error. Thanks for your help.