cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 15 job Active Queued forever (Server 2012 R2)

lbarbee
Level 1

I am backing up VM's thru vcenter (5.5).  One job will never start.  It will take a snapshot of the VM and then becomes "Active: queued" indefinitely.  I tried everything, to the point of eventually wiping the entire system and reload from the OS, including fresh install of BE, SQL, etc.  I removed jobs, changed to local storage (instead of ISCSI), on and on.

All other jobs snap, backup and run just fine.

The problem job is Exchange 2013 server VM.

After a couple of attempts with Tech Support, and engineer made one change and suddenly it works just fine. He set three Registry keys to disable NTFS Used Sector Tracking in:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\VMware Agent

Disable NTFS Used Sector Tracking

Disable NTFS Used Sector Tracking Dynamic Disk Support

Disable NTFS Used Sector Tracking GPT Disk Support

I'm not exactly sure what that does and use at your own risk.  It did fix my problem.

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
You should add this into the Blog section as it will definitely get lost in the forums. Thanks!

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello,

This is currently a known issue with BE 15 and will be addressed in future hot fix release. Please refer to the following technote:

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000107958

The workaround that is implemented on your server is also a valid workaround but the only side effect it has is it will backup the complete VMDK and not only the used space in your VMDK. 

Regards,

Sush...