cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 16 doesn't delete expired system state backup

brotherview
Level 3

Hi, 

my BE 16 doesn't delete old system state backup sets even though it has expired and has no dependencies, full and incremental backup sets. this has occurred for about 2 months. i tried to expire it manually and still doesn't work

the DLM enabled, and other expired backup sets (e.g C: and D: ) were successfully deleted.

anyone can help me?

thanks before

6 REPLIES 6

DevG
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello,

What kind of storage these backup sets are targeted where System State resource is not groomed by DLM?

RDX storage, regular Backup to Disk folder or Deduplication/OST/Cloud storage? As we had seen an issue in past with BE 15 and BE 16 where DLM won't delete expired system state sets only if targeted to RDX storage.

Regards,

Devang Gandhi

the target is RDX (NAS),

is there another way to delete the backup sets cleanly?

DevG
Level 4

Hello,

Yes, to workaround this issue, run an Inventory and Catalog utility job whenever the RDX cartridge is changed or inserted. DLM then seems to groom all sets from the cartridge including system state sets. Please try this suggestion and confirm if it helps or not.

Regards,

Devang Gandhi

i ran the Inventory and Catalog utility job, but DLM still doesn't delete it.

FYI, the NAS storage never unplugged, and rdx cartridge never changed

DevG
Level 4

Thanks for the response and the update. My recommendation would be to upgrade to latest BE version (BE 20.x) since most of DLM related issues with previous BE versions are fixed in latest BE release(s). Should this issue still remain even after upgrade, please open a support case for a detailed investigation.

Kindly refer the Hardware and Software Compatibility List for BE 20.x before upgrading to ensure the applications and product platform you are currently using is compatible.

Regards,

Devang Gandhi

Hi DevG,

FYI,

This problem solved by itself, i don't know what happen.