cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2010 R2 and Sharepoint 2010 Foundation: Infopath Error?!?

marco_lelli-123
Level 3

Hi all, I'm facing with BackupExec 2010 R2 and Sharepoint 2010 Foundation.

I was able to install the remote agent and backup the hard disk of the Sharepoint Server.

I'm not able to view the Sharepoint Farm in the selection list view. Triyng the refresh action the interface become very slow like the agent was trying to understand the type of farm.

Immediately after this, in the event log of the Sharepoint Server i found This Event:

Log Name: Application

Source: BkupExec: Backup Exec for \ Logged: 13/09/2010 15:18:06

Event ID: 0 Task Category: None

Could not load file or assembly ‘Microsoft.OfficeinfoPath,Server, Version=14.0.0,0,

Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c’ or one of its dependencies. The system

cannot find the file specified.

It seems that the "SPSwarpperV4" is trying to find some Infopath components. Infopath is not present in the server.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Marco

9 REPLIES 9

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...I take it you have the SharePoint license installed...?

marco_lelli-123
Level 3

BackupExec 2010 R2 Sharepoint Agent is licensed.

Microsoft Sharepoint 2010 Foundation is free.

marco_lelli-123
Level 3

News from the field: the problem seems related to the presence of a Language Pack.

Sharepoint Foundation 2010 doesn't have the Search component. It is possible to install a Search Server 2010 Express, and it was done on the problematic server.

The customer needs localized web pages, so it needs to be installed the language pack.

The language pack for the Search Server 2010 Express is a cumulative Language pack:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=046f16a9-4bce-4149-8679-223755560d54&dis...

"2010 Server Language Packs for SharePoint Server 2010, Project Server 2010, Search Server 2010, and Office Web Apps 2010"

This language pack includes the language files for Infopath Server Components.

So that's what happen (traced with ProcessMonitor from Sysinternals):

- BackupExec 2010 R2 remote agent tries to enum the sharepoint farm and initialize SPSwarpperV4.exe

-SPSWrapperV4.exe find the infopath localized files and search for the base files without finding them.

Ok, problem understood, now it's time to find a solution.

Any Symantec Team member listening that can suggest it to me?

Marco

marco_lelli-123
Level 3

Tried removal of the language pack, but the error remains the same...

:(

frizzlefry
Level 3

I have the same error. I have BE 2010R2 and SharePoint 2007. I was able to backup SharePoint using the agent just fine then upgraded from BE 2010 to BE 2010R2. Ever since then, I get the same error in the SPSwrapper log file and I cannot connect to my farm. Nothing changed within the SharePoint environment. I am also at a loss.

Simon_I
Not applicable

I have the same error as described in the initial post.

Windows Server 2008R2

Sharepoint Foundation Server 2010 German

Englisch Language Pack

BackupExec 2010 R2 / SP Agent / SQL Agent

I use a Backup Admin Account who is Farmadministrator, Domain Admin, Corporation Admin AND is Sys Admin in SQL Server 2008 Express.

The Sharepoint Server runs on the Same Server as the BackupExec Server and the license keys are correctly installed.

Anyone found a solution to this?

Paul_Jeal
Level 4
Employee Accredited Certified

If you are running Sharepoint 2010 Foundation and have the additional Search Server 2010 Express installed, this has been seen to cause issues with Backup Exec 2010 R2 detecting the Sharepoint installation. Due to the conflict, we incorrectly detect the installation as being a full Sharepoint Portal installation and then look for the InfoPath components, which are not installed with Sharepoint Foundation.

The following Technote article has been published that discusses this issue; http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH143248

This is currently being investigated for a future Hotfix, but there is a 'Pre-release' Hotfix available that can help with this and can be provided once a Case is opened with Symantec Support.

deegz
Level 2

Can someone confirm that the fix for this was omitted from Service Pack 1?

Seems a bit silly that there is a fix available yet was not included in the recent update....

Chris

itsmeaffinity
Level 6

Hi

As said by paul you can a open a case with symantec support to get the hotfix you can open a web case using web support for symantec were they can call you with your case number & help you with same

Thank You