cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2012 BemCLI - Get "Job Cancellation option" status

lufist
Level 3

Hello everybody, 

I'm actually writing a monitoring script for Backup Exec 2012 and I stuck with the problem that I can't find an option in BEMCLI to get the setting value of the job option "Cancel the job if it is still running * hour after its scheduled start time". 

This setting can be found in the GUI under Backup and Restore -> right click on the Server -> Edit Backups -> at the right-hand side "Backup" select Edit -> Schedule -> option Recurrence -> toggle the plan options -> in the fieldset "Options" there can be found the checkbox for the option mentioned above. 

I also attached to this post a screenshot for better explaination. 

I already tried to get the setting value with the following commands but couldn't find them: 

• Get-BEJob -Name "%BACKUPNAME%" | select *
  • Get-BEBackupDefinition -Name "%BACKUPNAME%" | select *

Thanks in advance. 

Kind regards.

8 REPLIES 8

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You should use that setting in the job option as it is much easier to implement.

The other way is to do this. Create a script which is run as a pre-command.  This script will do the following

1) sleep for 1 hour

2) get-bejob -status active | stop-bejob $confirm:true

lufist
Level 3

Thank you for your response. But that is not what i want to do. I just want to read out with BEMCLI the status of this flag (if it is set or not). I do not want to make any changes to the job or its execution. And i have to use Powershell/BEMCLI because i want to integrate this feature in my monitoring script.

Regards. 

pkh
   VIP    Certified

BEMCLI is not meant as a full replacement for the GUI so there are somethings you cannot do with BEMCLI and this is one of them.

lufist
Level 3

Ok. That's not good. Where can I create a feature request? 

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

You may post the idea on the following link 

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/node/add/idea?

nimesh_momaya
Level 0
Employee

You can try this command with Backup Exe 2012 with latest hotfix installed

$job = Get-BEBackupDefinition "JobName"

$job.InitialFullBackup.CancelJobIfRunningAfterScheduledTimeBy

After executing above commands you will get require details, please let me know if it works.

lufist
Level 3

Yeah that worked!

But I did it another way. In my script always work with the BEJob-Object which I get from Get-BEJob. In this object I can also get the infos you mentioned.

E.g.: 

$job = Get-BEJob "JobName"
$job.BackupDefinition.InitialFullBackup.CancelJobIfRunningAfterScheduledTimeBy

Regards.