cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2012 Optimised duplication to two different sites

Hi

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to set up Backup Exec to duplicate the same backup job to two different sites?

I have a client with three data centres and wants to duplicate backup jobs from site 1 to both sites 2 & 3. The backup jobs at site 2 he wants to duplicate to sites 1 & 3 etc etc.

I've done optimised duplication to a single site before and I know NetBackup can be configured to duplicate to multiple sites but not sure if BackupExec can.

many thanks in advance

Keir

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Accepted Solution!

Sure. Why not?  Just add

Sure. Why not?  Just add another duplicate stage to a different target.  Take Site 1.  Your first duplicate stage will target the dedup folder on Site 2 and then the next duplicate stage will target the dedup folder on Site 3.  Both of these duplicate stages use the dedup folder on Site 1 as the source.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Accepted Solution!

Sure. Why not?  Just add

Sure. Why not?  Just add another duplicate stage to a different target.  Take Site 1.  Your first duplicate stage will target the dedup folder on Site 2 and then the next duplicate stage will target the dedup folder on Site 3.  Both of these duplicate stages use the dedup folder on Site 1 as the source.

View solution in original post

Thanks very much for the

Thanks very much for the reply - that makes perfect sense.

kind regards