Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2012 Optimised duplication to two different sites

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Hi

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to set up Backup Exec to duplicate the same backup job to two different sites?

I have a client with three data centres and wants to duplicate backup jobs from site 1 to both sites 2 & 3. The backup jobs at site 2 he wants to duplicate to sites 1 & 3 etc etc.

I've done optimised duplication to a single site before and I know NetBackup can be configured to duplicate to multiple sites but not sure if BackupExec can.

many thanks in advance

Keir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Sure. Why not?  Just add another duplicate stage to a different target.  Take Site 1.  Your first duplicate stage will target the dedup folder on Site 2 and then the next duplicate stage will target the dedup folder on Site 3.  Both of these duplicate stages use the dedup folder on Site 1 as the source.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Sure. Why not?  Just add another duplicate stage to a different target.  Take Site 1.  Your first duplicate stage will target the dedup folder on Site 2 and then the next duplicate stage will target the dedup folder on Site 3.  Both of these duplicate stages use the dedup folder on Site 1 as the source.

KeirL
Level 6
Partner

Thanks very much for the reply - that makes perfect sense.

kind regards