cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2012: Percent Complete always 0%, causes differentials to do a full backup

HealthyCamper
Level 2

Pretty simple backup system in place - Weekly full on Friday and Differentials throughout the week.

The Host server backs up itself only (contains Server Images, DFS shares as a D2D2T sort of setup) and consistenly fails with some unimportant SQL errors from the host databases (unimportant as their recovery is not important).

This however causes the Percent complete to always show 0% despite the fact about 1TB is written out to tape and subsequent differntials seem to be backing the whole server up again, instead of only the changed files?

What should I be checking here?

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified

DFS files are backed up as part of the system state and the system state always backs up as full backup.

HealthyCamper
Level 2

That's a problem, I can understand the reasoning but not at the same time as it makes BackupExec inefficient again when it comes to DFS.

When the current Differential (read FULL backup) completes, I'll see if I can select only the shares and backup DFS that way instead as part of System State.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

You can select the DFS folder as part of your normal backup, but you will find that nothing is backed up in the backup set.