cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2012 failed Full/Incremental Backup Exchange 2003 Server 2003

iason-user
Level 2

Hi,

Im using BackupExec 2012 (Version 14.0 Rev 1798) on a Server 2008R2 to backup our company servers. We backup 16 servers and all backup runing correctly except that of our Exchange 2003 server. The exchange server running on a Windows 2003 Server. The scheduled fullbackup of the exchange server, which runs on the weekend always fails with a "checkpoint restart" error, however if I restart the BackupExec Agent service on the exchange server, then the backup completes. This is very annoying, i will be glad if somebody have a solution for this. Here is what the log says:

Job Log for hermes.iason.at-Hermes Full Backup week2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completed status: Failed    See error(s) 

Job Information
Job server: BE-2012
Job name: hermes.iason.at-Hermes Full Backup week2
Job started: Montag, 06. Oktober 2014 at 08:58:41
Job type: Backup
Job Log: BEX_BE-2012_05519.xml

Checkpoint restart cannot be applied to the restarted backup job. The backup job will not run.
Checkpoint restart cannot be applied to the following resource(s):

\\172.16.0.16\Address, \\172.16.0.16\HERMES.LOG, \\172.16.0.16\Resources$

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Montag, 06. Oktober 2014 at 08:58:50
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
Final error category: Other Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-32768-16389

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Checkpoint restart cannot be applied to the restarted backup job. The backup job will not run.

Furthermore after that the incremental backup also wont run as scheduled, I have also to restart the BE-Agent service before they run correctly. Otherwise i got a "Cannot extract mailbox messages" error:

Job Log for hermes.iason.at-Hermes Incremental

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completed status: Failed    See error(s) 

Job Information
Job server: BE-2012
Job name: hermes.iason.at-Hermes Incremental
Job started: Dienstag, 07. Oktober 2014 at 04:03:00
Job type: Backup
Job Log: BEX_BE-2012_05538.xml

Drive and media mount requested: 07.10.2014 04:03:07

Backup started on 07.10.2014 at 04:03:55.

Backup Set Detail Information
Media Label: IMG000950
GRT backup set folder: I:\BEData\IMG000950
V-79-57344-759 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.

Job Completion Status
Job ended: Dienstag, 07. Oktober 2014 at 06:27:42
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-759

Errors
Click an error below to locate it in the job log
Backup- \\172.16.0.16\Microsoft Information Store\Erste SpeichergruppeV-79-57344-759 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.

Has anyone experience with this kind of error?

3 REPLIES 3

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Have you tried disabling the checkpoint/restart in your job?

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

I would recommend to recreate a new backup job instead for Exchange with Checkpoint Restart & Advanced Open File options disabled.

Secondly, is there any event id 1000 on either server relating to a service crash ?

iason-user
Level 2

Thanks for the response. The Advanced File Open and Checkpoint Restart options are already disabled.

I've got folling Information Event with the ID 1000 source LoadPerf:

Performance counters for the WmiApRpl (WmiApRpl) service were loaded successfully. The Record Data in the data section contains the new index values assigned to this service.

Yesterday the incremental backup run successfull, but today it failed again with the "cannot extract mailboxes error". But I didn't change anything. As I restarted the jobs it hangs at the Job Activity: "Current file: Log Files" then I restarted the Backup Exec Server and then the Agent on the Exchange Server and the incremental job were running normaly. Well but this is no long term solution.

Any suggestions?