cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2012: problem adding server

David_Grayston
Level 4

I had some problems due to firewall settings when trying to add a specific server and pushing out the BackupExec agent to it. Got the firewall setting cleared up and appeared to have successfully pushed out the agent to the server but the server isn't showing up on the list.

The event log is showing this error that seems to have been documented in tech article TECH186464

DataAccessLayer SetException:
    Exception: [ResourceContainer_Save]: Insert ResourceContainer caught an error: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.ResourceContainer' with unique index 'IX_ConnectionName'.
    Sql Command:
CommandType=StoredProcedure CommandText = [ResourceContainer_Save]
Parameter: @ResourceContainerID=6a325939-23a4-4e7f-8b0e-6ba594f87310
Parameter: @InternalName=\\xx.xx.xx.xx
Parameter: @UserDefinedName=xx.xx.xx.xx
Parameter: @ResourceType=16777216
Parameter: @BEResourceInstalled=0
Parameter: @BEResourceProtected=0
Parameter: @Description=
Parameter: @OSVersionInfo=
Parameter: @BEVersionInfo=
Parameter: @Flags=2359304
Parameter: @LoginAccountID=10011001-1001-1001-0101-010101010101
Parameter: @RETURN_VALUE=1
Parameter: @xmlProperty=<ResourceContainer><DSSS ResourceType="2" ResourceSubType="3" OSID="127" OSVersion="0" Flags="15" ResourceName="\\xx.xx.xx.xx" RestoreResourceName="\\xx.xx.xx.xx"/></ResourceContainer>

The tech article says some aspects of this error is fixed with SP1a which I have installed. Can anyone suggest a possible fix for this?

2 REPLIES 2

Backup_Exec1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi

The document you have reffered above is for the issue were from BE console server disappers randomly. Were sp1a is there to prevent it from happening in future but will not be able to fix the current issue if your issue with server disappering randomly from BE console. I would request you if that is the case please open a case with symantec support for resolution and to fix the current issue

Hope that helps

Thanks

David_Grayston
Level 4

The issue is/was a bit different as the servers were not randomly dissappearing but it was attempts to add a server and as it turns out two servers that I attempted to delete and then re-add were also affected.

Fortunately it seems to be resolved after I restarted all of the BE2012 services on the BE server (twice). I say twice since the first service stop/start caused the BE Management service to hang until I ended the process via Taskmgr. After all were stopped and started the servers didn't show in the list but I did another restart of the services which went smoothly and then the missing servers all showed up.