cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2012 "File / was not found, or could not be accessed." error 0xe00084af

MarkMOPIT
Level 3

We recently upgraded to 2012 from 2010 and our RALUS component as well in hopes this would resolve this error however we still cannot seem to grasp the reason behind it. From what i can tell it appears to be attempting to backup root but it cannot find or access it. this is a bit weird because backups from other folders on the is same server work fine. the test credentials work fine and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. 

Here is an exampl of what the error log looks like

File / was not found, or could not be accessed.

V-79-57344-33967 - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

V-79-57344-33967 - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

Any ideas would be very helpful.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you tried re-creating your job?

HenrikK
Level 3

Yep were are having the same errors and lots of other problems, catalog writing errors etc. Frankly I'd rather ditch Backup Exec than try to contact support since everything has been painful for the last year. I've never encountered as bad software.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

What is the variant of Linux that you are using?  Check that it is supported. See the SCL below

BE 2012 SCL

MarkMOPIT
Level 3

@pkh Yes I have recreated the jobs and it is technicaly not supported. Pretty much no modern kernal is. This is Fedroa 13 which is kernal 2.6.33. Supported platforms for BE 2012 are Red Hat RHEL 6 update 1 whcih is kernal 2.6.32. so its close. 

@henrikK Yes, the software has had many issues with anything other than windows boxes whcih is kinda limiting bc more and more offices are turning to open source solutions just to save cost. I seem to have slightly higher rate of success if i spread the jobs out over the day rather than having 3 or so run at the same time. I think the RALUS part could really use an overhaul.