cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2014 Agent Issue With a 2012 R2 DC

Hologram
Level 2

I have backupexec 2014 installed in a VM running succesfully and backing up my VMs with no problems. I also have a physical DC running Server 2012 R2 which despite successfully deploying the agent (i have a license for RAWS) it consistently fails the credential test even with a Domain Admin account. My non-DC servers work just fine at passing the credential check but my DC does not (with the same credentials). I am at a loss as to what might be causing this as I cant back up my domain controller.

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
Is your media server using Server 2012 R2? This is needed to backup a Server 2012 R2 DC. Also, make sure that your BE credentials are a domain admin

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Do ensure a System Logon Account is present and is in the format domain\user and has the rights as per http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH23689

Hologram
Level 2

The BE Server is running in a VM on Server 2012 R2. The account I am using is a domain admin account, and still receiving the same error. It authenticates fine via the credential check with my HyperV hosts, and subsequent VMs running on it, but not with the physical box running the 2012R2 DC.

Hologram
Level 2

A little background:

The default logon account is part of the AD's built in backup operator group which works fine for my member servers, but not for my DC. It is in the format you mention, and the credential check works fine for my other servers but not for my DC.

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

The logon account must be a part of the Domain Administrators group as well in addition to the above mentioned rights. By default, the Backup Operators group does not have the "log on as a batch job" right. I would recommend you to double-check the user rights associated with the BE account.