cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2014 license didnt shown when to install license.

Fathul_W
Level 3

Hi,

i have install Backup Exec 2014 version 14.1.1786 into Windows Server 2012 R2. During the installation "add licenses", i have manually typed the license number and maintenance license. it were displayed correctly with quantity and expired date (maintenance). backup serial number didnt display end date.

and then, after clicking Next, in "Review Licenses", the option to select a product - "Select a Backup Exec Edition License to install on the computer", it only show "trial".

Even though i already entered the correct serial number, remove and input back, it still didnt show up. Only trial was available. When clicking "Next", it prompt out to say " You have not installed your backup exec license....etc....Do you want to select your licenses before continuing?"

Click yes doesnt bring any effect. no license shown in the box to allow me to select. so i thought i should proceed with trial first. Then i just finished up the installation, restart the backup exec server and run the option "Install Option and Licenses in this Backup Exec server". Still, no effect or changes, it is still not showing me license to select. or something that i can activate my product.

i try to run "Live Update" to check and its told me that product already updated.

When i run the Symantec Backup Exec Diagnostic, the BEDiag result shown that it found backup exec licenses information in the server. the serial number displayed correctly. However, my Backup Exec still displayed as Trial. Under the BE console > under Licensing and Maintenance Contracts; the maintenance contracts is displayed, but not backup exec license.

Now, its been a month, i have another one month to solve this before the Trial periods end. im just afraid that after trials end, my product cannot be used or my backup cannot run or will failed.

Is there any patch or service packs to fix this issue? from forum threads, i found that it is like BE is having this issue from previous version till now.

Anyone encounter this problem? Please advise. Thanks.

15 REPLIES 15

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you have the .slf files, you can just import them. See this document http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH178483

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Have you verified that you have the right licenses or tried to obtain a new set of license keys from the Licensing team ?

Fathul_W
Level 3

yes. i have the correct license. i got the .slf file as well. doesnt change anything..still remain as trial.

Fathul_W
Level 3

what you mean by request new set of license keys?

VJware
Level 6

Would recommend to log a support case so that an engineer can remote in and figure out what's going wrong. Thanks.

Fathul_W
Level 3

Any other solution to fix it? bcoz i would to try it my own first. it will be a good knowledge for me.

Btw, how to log a support case? what is information needed?

STLTI
Level 2

Got the exact same problem with same version except OS is Windows Server 2008 R2.

Would be nice you post the solution if you find.

VJware
Level 6

Any other solution to fix it? bcoz i would to try it my own first. it will be a good knowledge for me.

The reason I suggested a support case is so that an engineer can remote in to your system and check what's actually happening, such as what licenses are you entering, what steps are you following and so on. Secondly, it could be possible that this is a new issue and as such would require us to work on it to find out where the problem is for us to fix it.

To log a support case, you can either do it over the phone or on the web. Usually, a support id is required - http://www.symantec.com/support/contact_techsupp_static.jsp

Fathul_W
Level 3

is build version .1786 the lastest one?

VJware
Level 6

1786 is indeed the current revision.

Gasrteresw
Not applicable

Any other solution to fix it?

STLTI
Level 2

Problem fixed here.

The problem was because my reseller sent me the "maintenace" license file so I was stuck in trial mode. I've called the "Symantec Licensing Team" and they sent me the right  "core" license file.

Call them at 1-800-721-3934

Fathul_W
Level 3

Hi all,

The problem fixed. as advice, i opened up a case and they send me an email attach with all my registered serial number (individual .slf files). but only one can be used and it allows me to select the product and activate it..no more trials.

thanks again for the help.

Fathul_W
Level 3

errors

pkh
   VIP    Certified

This means that you have been given licences for BE 2012, not BE 2014.  You can contact the Symantec Licencing department to get the proper BE 2014 licences.