Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2014 on Windows 2012 R2 with Hyper-V role

Nuno_P_Silva
Level 4

Hi All,

Just a small question about BackupExec 2014 installation:

- Is now possible to install backupExec 2014 on a Windows 2012 R2 with the Hyper-V role installed?

Just asking because before, when you install Backup Exec 2012 on Windows 2012 R2 with Hyper-v the virtual machines did not start with an error about "...vhd corrupted data..."

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards,

Nuno Silva

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Backup Exec 2012 did not support being installed on Windows 2012 R2

Backup Exec 2014 does support install on Winodws 2012 R2 and as we never had anyone report that condition with either (the unsupported) 2012 or (the supported) 2014 versions, all we can say is we are currently unaware that there is an issue.

VJware
Level 6

Afaik, there was an issue with Hyper-V rather than specifically BE and when a tape storage is used as well. This involved modifying the FSDepends key. However, as Colin stated earlier, there aren't any other issues which we are currently aware of.

Nuno_P_Silva
Level 4

Hi,

Thanks for your information, there was actually an issue with backupexec 2012 when installed on a windows 2012R2 with Hyper-V installed, after a restart none of the VM's start with a VHD access error, there was something on this forum regarding that problem, that is why by that time i uninstall backup exec and all vm's started working again

anyway, it was not supported so my fault.

once again thansk for the information.

Regards,

Nuno Silva

Colin_Weaver

Thanks for that - I guess i was unaware of the issue because informal notices of a problem against unsupported confugurations are often not seen by all support staff and there would have been no formal notification beause the OS was not supported at the time. As such VJWARE ws aware of something that I was not - so apologies for that.

With regards BE 2014, as we do support it, if such an issue did occur then we would expect to have received at least one formal support case by now which would have eventually triggered an internal notification (and a public technote) and as such we do not believe the condition remains against the version of Backup Exec which supports that OS.