cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec 2015 V-Ray Service bengine.exe fails.

TEngelhardt
Level 3

Hello everybody,

this is my first post here. I have a lot of trouble with my BackupExec Server.

First here a describtion of my enviroment:

Server:

Hardware: ProLiant DL380 Gen9 with 64 GB RAM

Storages:

2 iSCSI Luns with 37 TB for the BOD- Backups

Neo T24 Tape Library with 2 IBM LTO6 Drives (ULT3580-HH6)

On this Backupserver we have about 120 Servers to Backup. The most Servers are virtual.

Our VM Cluster is VMWare Esxi Ver. 6

Problem:

Yesterday at 19:27 PM the Service: bengine.exe has Crashed. After this no Backups has runned. I Have to complettly restart the Backupserver, cause I cold not start this service on the BE GUI. Even on BEUtility no change.

After Restart of the Server it seems like everything was okay. But I don`t see the cause of this Problem.

Windows Eventlog:

A process crash has been detected.

Faulting application: bengine.exe 14.2.1180.1673
Faulting module: bengine.exe 14.2.1180.1673
Fault offset           0x2c76ad
Exception code         0xc0000005.

I have the FeaturePack 2 of BE 2015 V-Ray installed.

I have attached the Eventlog Data of the Server, with English Meta.

Somebody an idea?

Best regards

TEngelhardt

7 REPLIES 7

VJware
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

If running any AV, set it to exclude from scanning the \Program Files\Symantec\ & ProgramData\Symantec directories.

Also, would recommend logging a formal support case so that we can analyse the crash dump. Thanks.

TEngelhardt
Level 3

Hello VJware,

thank you for your Reply. I also opened a SupportCase regarding this issue. At this moment i collect the data with the Veritas Quick Assist, than i will upload it.

Now I will set a exclusion for the AV, if not allready done. (TrendMicro OfficeCall).

Colin_Weaver

If uploading evidence to the case then suggest you also send the crash dump (zipped)  which should be in .\Backup Exec\BEDBG on the server

TEngelhardt
Level 3

Hello Colin Weaver,

thank you for your Reply. Yes i will upload it too.

@VJware: Exclusion of the AV was not comitted. I have done it yet. I hope it helps.

Colin_Weaver

Not that I think this is the cause of your crash but as you mentioned VMware ESX 6 in your text I would suggest you plan to patch ESX 6 to latest updates as soon as you can. VMware have confirmed an issue with CBT in VMware 6 that does affect Backup Exec (and NetBackup)

http://www.veritas.com/docs/000097972

Note for Backup Exec we will be slightly amending the above article shortly as CBT can be used by Full backups as well as Incremental and Differential so the article does need a small edit.

TEngelhardt
Level 3

Oh i was wrong (Sorry for this) We use the VMWare Version 5.5.0 2718055

Another cluster has the ESXi Ver 6xxx.

Colin_Weaver

OK so 5.5 is not affacted but it's still useful info if you have 6.x anywwhere and backup it up with any products that use CBT.

You crash condition of course has nothing specifically to do with this.