cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec Agent for Applications and Database

AlaaBrhouma
Level 3

Hello,

I have a server on which i have users files and folders (excel, word,...) and SQL databases on SQL Server 2008 EXPRESS. I want to backup the users files and folders and the SQL databases.

First Question: Does the Agent for Applications and Database allow me to backup and restore files and folders ? If not, what do I need to get the job done ?

Second Question: How many licences do I need ?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello there,

The installation media and agent installation for Small Business edition is the same. It is different in the kind of licensing model

Small Business Edition will have core license & Agent and Database license all packaged in one to backup the Microsoft SBS OS which has OS, Exchange, SQL , Sharepoint applications. So all these can be backed up using just the SBE edition license.

For pricing you need to check with the Customer care dept.

Regards.,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AmolB

Agent for Application and Database will backup & restore both Database as well as Files and Folders

So if your database and files & folders are on the same server than you need only 1 Agent for 

Application and Database license.

Sush---
Level 6

As updated by AmolZeroCool you need 1 Agent for Application and Database license in addition to the Backup Exec core product license key.

Regards,

-Sush...

AlaaBrhouma
Level 3

Thank you all. That was Helpful. Just another question if you dot mind !!

I just saw a small business edition of Symantec Backup EXEC. Does it have its own agents for backup ? And in terms of price, which is better Small Business Edition or the other one ?

Cordially,

Sush---
Level 6

Hello there,

The installation media and agent installation for Small Business edition is the same. It is different in the kind of licensing model

Small Business Edition will have core license & Agent and Database license all packaged in one to backup the Microsoft SBS OS which has OS, Exchange, SQL , Sharepoint applications. So all these can be backed up using just the SBE edition license.

For pricing you need to check with the Customer care dept.

Regards.,

-Sush...

AlaaBrhouma
Level 3

Thank you very much Sir.