cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec: E-mail and Pagers Notification Problem

eyatsko
Level 3

Hello! Please help me in decision of one interesting question.

1) I have installed Symantec Backup Exec R2 on Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 x64 system under VMWare ESXi 4.0. It installed with no problem.

2) I tried to set up Recipients (create the new one) but I got unexpectidly the error : "V-19-310-1-5 A data store related error occured!"

3) I tied to "Configure e-mail and pagers" but the dialog didn't open!

4) I tried to install Backup Exec under another version (x86) of fresh installed Windows 2003 Server (again, under VMWare ESXi 4.0 becasue I have no separate and independent server for my experiments), but I got much the same results.

What is the most probable cause of such BackupExec's Behaviuor?
I was intended to recommend your product for our CEO as backup system, but it doesn't do essential things!

Kind regards,
Ellad Yatsko
9 REPLIES 9

eyatsko
Level 3

I can add the following: I tried to collect some debug information via "Tools/Support Utilities/Run the Debug Monitor for active debugging". I noticed when I click on "Configure e-mail and pagers" the message "BESERVER: [09/16/10 13:58:28] [2560] 17 Durham request from server vrts.notificationconfig.NotificationConfig" is issued in log. Internet is silent what does it mean. Nothing happens except the above message.

Kind regards, Ellad Yatsko

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

I just tested this (admitedly with Backup Exec 2010 as that is what I had installed on my 2003 SP2 x64 System) and it worked fine - If I get chance i will upgrade it to 2010 R2 and check it in that too - however at first glance I would say there is something unexpected in your environment (3rd party software, Group Policy restriction etc) that is causing the issue

eyatsko
Level 3

>I just tested this (admitedly with Backup Exec 2010 as that is what I had installed on

> my 2003 SP2 x64 System) and it worked fine - If I get chance i will upgrade it to 2010

> R2 and check it in that too - however at first glance I would say there is something

> unexpected in your environment (3rd party software, Group Policy restriction etc) that

> is causing the issue

I tried FRESH INSTALLED Windows 2003 SP2 x64 System too. I would emphasize: it isunder WMVare ESXi 4.0. Can it cause such behaviour of BExec?

eyatsko
Level 3

VMWare is installed on x64 non-server platform (Asus P5Q3 motherboard) win Intel Qore 2 Quad 8400 with VT64 technology embedded). Can it cause my problems?

eyatsko
Level 3

Can I send whole Virtual Machine with problems? And you will be able to reproduce my situation? ESXi 4.0 is free product. I can give you my serial to your save time. How are you? I think it's very interesting case..

Colin_Weaver

If you want us to research the issue at the level you are indicating you will need to log a formal support case with Symantec. Note: if you don;t have a support agreement (which I suspect you don't) then to get formal techncial assistence youw ould need to speak to our pre-sales teams to ask for someone to work with you against your requyiremnets and the problem you are having. Pre-sales then have the ability to log a support case if it is then needed.

eyatsko
Level 3

Dear Colin,

What exactly must I do? :) Do I call someone, or e-mail a message?.. Do you have representative in Moscow? What contacts are?..

eyatsko
Level 3

Please, tell me about your representative in Moscow.

Colin_Weaver

You can find contact information for custoemer care here

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/assistance_care.jsp

bear in mind that if you do not currently have support (neacsue you are evaluating) you will have to emphasise to the custoemr care team that you may need assistence from pre-sales for assistance.

One comment about your issue though - test the same option on a server configured in English - as you might be experiencing something that is a language related problem as i could not reproduce it.