cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec License not register

vadim_bzh
Level 3

Hello,

We have buy many licenses for backupexec agent since many years, but my collegue have never register theses licences in backupexec console.
I think It's not a problem because all the agents & backup works and no alerts in backupexec console.
I see that when I have launch "Backup License assesment tools".

Do you think it can cause a problem ?

Thanks for your help.

Vadim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

Open up BE and go to Help --> About --> Licens Information. You check here what licenses are licensed and installed.

Alternatively, go to Tools --> Install Options and License Keys on this Media Server...you're able to see here what licenses are installed along with their respective keys.

If no licenses are installed, then you will need to install them.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

CraigV

Hi,

Open up BE and go to Help --> About --> Licens Information. You check here what licenses are licensed and installed.

Alternatively, go to Tools --> Install Options and License Keys on this Media Server...you're able to see here what licenses are installed along with their respective keys.

If no licenses are installed, then you will need to install them.

Thanks!

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

If you own the correct number of  licenses then you will be legal, for the most part you only have to enable one of each type to get things working from a technical poihnt of view - but might still be outside of valid licensing if you have not bought enough to cover what you are backing up.

vadim_bzh
Level 3

Ok thanks for your response, we have buy licenses for all our agents.

But simply not register theses licenses numbers in backupexec console.

I think I can stay like that, we have no problem for the moment.

CraigV

...you'd need to install the license keys in BE otherwise you won't be able to back up the applications you are running. If this is the case, you might be running trial licenses which will end up expiring.

vadim_bzh
Level 3
Euh no, we have no problem to backup with agent, It works since many times. When I launch a "Backup License assesment tools", the report say we need to buy licenses because, they are not register in backupexec. But it works ;)

CraigV

...it would only suggest more licenses if you added more servers during the time you initially licensed the media server. Other than that, if you are sure on the amount you have, then you can ignore what the licensing tool is telling you.

vadim_bzh
Level 3
"Other than that, if you are sure on the amount you have, then you can ignore what the licensing tool is telling you." Ok It's that I want to know. Thanks for this information. * Just hope that we not meet a problem in a future update of backup exec (license not register in console -> Agent don't work) Vadim

CraigV

On a yearly basis you run a license renewal for your licenses which entitles you to support and free upgrades. It's a "gentleman's agreement". Your licenses don't stop working at all.

vadim_bzh
Level 3
Ok thank you. We have many licenses buy separately, ans each time a new customer number, also it's a big job to retrieve all our licenses numbers to enter theses in backupexec console ;-) We stay like that. Thank you !

tunji
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi,

1.Does Backup Exec 2012 recover linux server by using Simplified Disaster Recovery

2. After input my license backup exec console indicate a RED KEY.

can somebody have an ideal of this 

Thanks