cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec Password change

AndyTh
Level 3
 Hi,

I was trying to use SAM (Security Account Manager) to administer password on some of the network services that run on all our servers.

This works fine apart from BE.

I can change the passwords easy enough for each of the services, but there also exists the "System Account" within BackupExec itself.

It seems that (for instance) I create a local account called "localbackup" for each of the backupExec services, but am unable to persuade BE to use this account for all of its backup jobs?

I've been asked to make periodic changes to the password for each service, but as far as I can tell, I might have to leave BE alone in this regard.

Any pointers appreciated. The platforms are Windows 2003 Server/Windows 2000 Server with BE 10

Andy
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyon
Level 5
Use an account called Backup Exec Admin with a very difficult password. Assign it logon as a service rights, backup operator. Stop all BE services and go to logon for each one and set them to that account. Start all services. If you want to change the password, you also need to change the password in services for each of the BE services and stop and restart the BE services thereafter.

Lyon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Hi Andy,

You can create the account in BEWS, but if you have another account already acting as the system account, you'll have to set your new account as the default.
Do that, and delete your old account and try again.

Laters!

lyon
Level 5
Use an account called Backup Exec Admin with a very difficult password. Assign it logon as a service rights, backup operator. Stop all BE services and go to logon for each one and set them to that account. Start all services. If you want to change the password, you also need to change the password in services for each of the BE services and stop and restart the BE services thereafter.

Lyon