Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec Trust Relationship Issue

Mark_Ludgate
Level 6
Partner Accredited

All,

We are running BackupExec 2010R3 with EV10.

Over the last couple of day the I had trust relationship issue with the EV10 server.

I applied the registry below an it fixed the issue.

I am now getting a trust relationship issue with some Linux servers.

Is there a Linux equivelant to this registry key?

Regards

Mark

Ok After playing with disabling the TLS handshaking I can now choose to run Backup over main LAN or backup lan just by changing the network card drop down in the Backup job settings "Allo any available network" is disabled, RAWS Publishing is enabled and I am not making any changes to DNS to change it from one network to the other.

What I have found is that after running some backups with the TLS Handshaking disabled, now I have re-enabled it I can still swap one from using one network to using the other.

You can disable the TLS functionality with a registry change, however if you do this you will open up a potential "man in the middle"" security flaw so will need to take other steps to ensure that your security is not compromised. As such it becomes a "use at your own risk" option and should really only be used as a short term workaround.

Warning: Incorrect use of the Windows registry editor may prevent the operating system from functioning properly. Great care should be taken when making changes to a Windows registry. Registry modifications should only be carried-out by persons experienced in the use of the registry editor application. It is recommended that a complete backup of the registry and workstation be made prior to making any registry changes

Create a DWORD value in

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents

called

Security Disabled

Set the value to 1

This must be done on media server and remote server and the Backup Exec services on the servers will need restarting after the change.

4 REPLIES 4

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Yes there is, it is a line that can be entered into the RALUS.CFG file on your Linux box.

Enter a line containing

SOFTWARE\Symantec\Backup Exec For Windows\Backup Exec\Engine\Agents\Security Disabled = 1

Then restart the RALUS Daemon

ltjimster
Level 6

Hello Mark,

I don't know if this may help but when i've seen a Trust Relationship problem with Windows 7, its been because a computer on our network has taken the same name as another and caused a conflict. So we had to take the both computers off the domain, delete the names from the Active Directory, rename them and put back on to the domain again.

Worked fine after that :)

Maybe something like that, sorry if it doesn't help

James

RRE
Level 6

Hello Mark,

Before Disabling securing , try to take a look at the following articles & see if that helps

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH159323

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH159562

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH156427

All I have to go on is 'trust relationship' with Ralus.

You may need to do this :

1. For each Backup Exec 2010r3 Ralus,

2. add the node under User Defined Selections first, then

3. right click and select "Establish Trust'

Sometime with in the next fifteen minutes, the Linux should appear under Linux/Unix Servers. At that time, you may delete the entry we just created.

Regards

RRE

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Just for info the Security Handshaking issues should now be resolved by Hotfix 180429 As such you should not need to disable security if this Hotfix is installed to the Media Server and the remote agents have been updated since the Hotfix was installed.

Also if you are using the Security Disabled option you should be able to re-enable it after applying the Hotfix.