cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BackupExec cannot backup Lotus Domino .nsf files

Mashaal
Level 2

Hello,

I have a pig broblem i installed SBE 2010 on win 2003 and i'm trying to backup Lotus Domino 8.5.2 "installed on win 2003 + Lotus Domino Agent installed + AOFO" by select IBM folder the backup job is finished Successfully but without all NSF files and when i'm try to backup it from Lotus Domino Database its also Successfull but its not backup all folders.

Any one can help me in this issue?

Thanks alot

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you select the Domino directory from the C: drive, the .nsf files would not be backed up because they would be excluded by AFE.  This is normal.

To use the Domino agent to backup the .nsf files, you must select the Domino directory and .nsf files from under "Lotus Domino Databases" node.  If you don't see a "Lotus Domino Databases" node under the Domino server, then either your Domino agent licence is not properly installed or the remote agent is not properly installed.  For the latter, push out the remote agent agent.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ZeRoC00L
Level 6
Partner Accredited

What is the exact version of Backup Exec you are using ?
Did you run liveupdate to install all available updates ?

NSF files are excluded by the BE active file filter.

Did you see/check this technote?
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH46513

lmosla
Level 6

Hello,

If you are running the base Backup Exec 2010 with no revisions I recommend that you upgrade to Backup Exec 2010 R3 see http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH159557 and then after the install keep running Live Updates till you are completely patched (push out the remote agent to your remote servers)

Mashaal
Level 2

Thanks for reply

I'm useing Backup Exec 2010 R3 and yes i run liveupdate to install all available updates, but why NSF files are excluded by the BE active file filter and how i change this?

pkh
   VIP    Certified

When you select the Domino directory from the C: drive, the .nsf files would not be backed up because they would be excluded by AFE.  This is normal.

To use the Domino agent to backup the .nsf files, you must select the Domino directory and .nsf files from under "Lotus Domino Databases" node.  If you don't see a "Lotus Domino Databases" node under the Domino server, then either your Domino agent licence is not properly installed or the remote agent is not properly installed.  For the latter, push out the remote agent agent.

Mashaal
Level 2
Thank you very much I alredy try this and its complete successfully, but befor i'm only select IBM folder from D:\ and Backupexec take a backup from all data in this folder even .nsf this befor i add optin Agent for Lotus Domino and this happened after i add it and when i'm uninstall it again its not working.

pkh
   VIP    Certified
If you did not install the Domino agent then you would not see the "Lotus Domino Databases" node so how can you have tried it before. Not being able to backup .NSF files, with or without the Domino agent installed, is the expected outcome. The proper way to backup the .NSF files is to install the Domino agent and then select them from under the "Lotus Domino Databases" node.

Mashaal
Level 2

Before i install Lotus Domino Agent i took D:\IBM folder and its take a copy from all data inside this folder included .NFS files any way now i'm using Lotus Domino Agent to Backup it.