cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backupexec 11d fails first time on diff jobs

TonyMex
Level 3
Good Afternoon, I have a server 2k3 running backupexec 11d. I have 3 diff jobs that we have scheduled. I have noticed in the last 30-40 days, a couple of the diff jobs fail, reporting an error message: Error : e000810c - Physical Volume Library Drive not available. This error suggests that either the b2d or job does not have the correct credentials or the media source is not available. While troubleshooting this issue, I found that if I restart the two failed jobs, they will complete like normal. I do not believe this to be a tape drive issue as once the jobs are restarted, they will run without issue. Any input would be extremly help. Thank you
3 REPLIES 3

sksujeet
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Please isolate the issue by creating some different job and run on the tape, it can be an issue with the tape or tape drive. As you run the same job again it works fine so credentials should not be a issue because that error comes if system logon account is incorrect for exchange jobs.Please update the tape driver to the latest symantec drivers

Dev_T
Level 6

Hello,

Recreate NEW (DUPLICATE) jobs which are failing with same settings and selection list. Keep the OLD jobs on Hold and schedule the new jobs

The job might have gone bad.

Hope this helps....

TonyMex
Level 3
This is using a Dell tape drive.