On Backup Exec 2010 I get Backupexec 57348 "dump database failed" event.
This has not caused:
I have tried this:
but at step 6 "After adding the server, select the server on the right of the BEUTILITY window. Under Database Tasks (Figure 8), all of the selections should be selectable. Select Check Database Consistency." the check database failed with errors.
Backup exec database consistency check fails during the database maintenance. Make sure the there is no backup running during when you have the Database maintainace running
1. Change the scheduled time of Backup Exec database Maintenance. Go to Tools | Options | Settings | Database Maintenance. Default time is 4:00 AM as shown in figure below.
Running check db in Backup Exec Utility:
Starting database utility operation.
Performing database consistency check for BEDB database.
Performing database consistency check for BE_DLO database.
Error: The check of the database failed.
Database utility for server NYHOST ended with errors.
How can I do the uninstall: "Incase if the Consistancy check failing on the Dlo database , Uninstall Dlo and then run the consistancy check again for the database" ?
You can run the set up for backup exec , once you go to the screen where it ask you select the options you need to install uncheck the DLo option ...have look on this as well http://support.veritas.com/docs/313499
Running Control Panel/ Pragrams and Features/ Symantec Backup Exec / Change / Local Install/ Additional Options/ Next in the License Key list there is only one key because of it is a Small Business Server Edtion. There is no license key for DLO in the list.
As RahulG has said above that SBS comes bundled with DLO, here is another Steps that you may take. Firstly I must say that you getting that error because DLO was not properly installed. I may get the point that you don't want it but remember it is bundled.
1. Open Backup Exec Console.
2. Select Tools -> Install Options and License Keys on Media Server...
3. Select your installed SBS keys and Remove (Make a note before you remove it)
4. Then uncheck DLO option and now you will be working on a trial version.
5. Continue with the install and finish it, now you can test maintenance it should complete successfully.
6. Re-Install the keys and note they will install back the DLO Option keep on clicking next until finish.
7. If request for reboot do so, but it is not that critical. DLO should get installed fine.
8. Check C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup\Data folder DLO should be there and check System Services as well.
9. You can go check the Maintenance or Dump DB from Utility tool it should complete successfully.
- Well having DLO even if you don't want to use its not nice but nothing will be broken as well .