cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backupjob stays Pre-processing with Backup Exec 11d

K_Bengtsson
Level 2
Hi

I have taken over an Backup Exec environment that is not working correctly.
2 of 4 backup agents will not be backup up cause the backupjob hangs when its starts backup them.
When trying to backup one of the 2, the backupjob stays in Pre-processing.
It worked before the Backup Exec server was upgraded from 10d to 11d and the Windows domain membership was changed.
I solved 1 of 2 servers when changing NTFS/Restrict Anonymous Support value in registry, but after a server reboot, the problem was there again.
The server is a Windows Server 2003 with SP2 an Backup Exec 11d with service pack 2 and hotfixes 31-34.
The 2 Remote agents are reinstall with same version.
I have also tried to add a new logon account with wizard, but no luck.
Services are started with a backup exec service account with admin rights.
Backup Exec remote agent is started with local account.
System disk on the 2 servers are on J:

Any good ideas? My hair is turning grey......
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Anything on the Alerts Tab regarding those two jobs?

After the Domain Name change, was BEutil run to tell BackupExec about the change?

K_Bengtsson
Level 2
Nothing in the Alert Tab regarding these jobs. The job never stops so i always have to cancel it and stop remote agent service on the client to make the job stop.

I have run the beutility.exe and Change Service Account.

K_Bengtsson
Level 2
This issue was solved after renaming C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\bedsnote.dll to something else.
The server had Lotus Domino application installed and Backup Exec thought it was a Lotus Domino server.

jonathan_west
Level 2
This issue was solved after renaming C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec\RAWS\bedsnote.dll to something else.
The server had Lotus Domino application installed and Backup Exec thought it was a Lotus Domino server.

Did you do this on the remote server or on the media server?

Niemeyer_Barbos
Level 3
I have same situation and applied the Solution above. It stills on Pre-processing..
Do I need to reboot the server?