cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups failing after installing RDX Disk Drive

3s1k
Level 4
Partner

We have a host server running 2012r2 standard which is where BE 2014 V-ray is installed Our 2nd server is a Hyper-VM which is our Exchange server which is 2008r2 standard.

We were backing up to a 4tb external hard drive through usb and everything has been working great. Very rare failed backups. Our client has requested for offsite backups so we orded a Dell RD1000 extern disk drive.

Ever since then backups fail with these errors:

- Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "VRTSRV::\\Server1.domain.local\Hyper-V?Store\Hos...
V-79-10000-11230 - VSS Snapshot error. Unable to get minimum quiet time for physical volumes. Reduce...
 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "\\Server1.domain.local\System?State". Snapshot t...
Snapshot technology error (0x80010108): The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

I also receive these when a catalog job runs on the VM Exchange server.

Job ended: Tuesday, November 4, 2014 at 11:32:04 PM
Completed status: Failed
Final error: 0xe00002f7 - Cannot extract mailbox messages from the Exchange backup. Review the job log for more information.
Final error category: Resource Errors

The Writers are also in a failed state only on the host server not the VM. I reboot the server and they return to normal but after a backup failes mose are in a failed state.

I tried opening a case with Symantec but they blame it on the VSS writers in failed state and recommend me calling Microsoft for assistance. I'm guessing it has something to do with the DELL RDX drive as this is the only thing that has changed. Any ideas???

0 REPLIES 0