cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups failing - e00081d9

Dean_R
Level 2
Since upgrading to 11d my nightly backup jobs are failing with the following error: e00081d9 - The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

There is nothing in the Windows event viewer other than the failed jobs.

I have searched the knowledge base and the 3 articles do not appear to apply.

Is there anyway to fix this? I am running 11d with all the patches (applied through Live Update) on a Windows 2003 Standard server.

I have called support using my maintenance contract and I am waiting a return call from them. That last time I called support it took 2 days to actually speak to a technician on a "critical" issue.
2 REPLIES 2

Brad_Jackson
Not applicable
I'm in the same scenario as Dean R. I've upgraded to 11d and nightly backup jobs fail with :
e00081d9 - The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

I've also attempted to patch with Liveupdate and run manual backup & restore jobs which complete successfully.
Ideas?

Chad_Mombourque
Level 2
I am running into the same problem. My nightly backups finishing with a Job Status of 'Recovered' and the error: e00081d9 - The Backup Exec job engine system service is not responding.

However, the jobs seems to start up again 5 minutes after the previous job ends.

I too have called support with a 'critical' issue and am waiting for a response.

If anyone has a fix for this I would love to hear it.