cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups failing on Echange mailboxes with diabled user accounts

Olan_Wilson
Level 3
I have a daily backup job failing on an Exchnage mailbox whose user account has been disbaled. I have reviewed KB document 241981 and the related documents listed at the bottom of that one. Based on those documents, I have modified the job and excluded the mailbox, but it is still failing on that one mailbox.

Any other ideas?Message was edited by:
owilson
5 REPLIES 5

PTANK_2
Level 4
This may or may not help but I had the same issue and trying to weed out the issues didn't help I had to recreate the job.
Note- if it is just failing because of that then it is annoying but it is still backing up everything else right?
I hope this is fixed in BEWS 10.

Hope this helps,
PTANK

Olan_Wilson
Level 3
Yes, everything is still being backed up just fine. I'm just weird I guess in that I want all of my jobs to finish "green" :)

Recreating the job was the last thing I could come up with, but I was hoping there was something else I could try first since this particular job has a lot of individual selections that I don't want to have to go back through. On that note, are the selection lists accessible as text files on the hard drive, such as in an XML file?

Dhavalrai_Trive
Level 5
To backup mailbox of a disabled account perform the following steps:

- In the Active Directory Users and Computers, on the View menu, click Advanced Features.
- In the Exchange Advanced properties of the disabled user object that owns the mailbox, click Mailbox Rights
- Grant the Self account Associated External Account and Full Mailbox Access permissions
- Perform the backup

Hope this helps.

P.S.

The selection list for the backups is stored in the MSDE database and is no available as aXML file to edit.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hi,

Please let us know if you have followed the steps mentioned earlier and whether it has resolved your issue.

If the issue still persists, please let us know the latest updates.

Thanks.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply