cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backups failing with Final error: 0xe000846b - and Final error: 0xe0000f04

ClayCHD
Level 3
I hav etwo jobs that have been working fine for a few weeks, when suddenly last night, both failed.  the first job is a full daily backup of my media host machine running W2k3 SP2 and Backupexec 2010.  the BEWS agent is installed and has been working fine.

The other job is an incremental VMWare backup of two VM's on a single host.  I have the BEWS agent installed on both VM's and it has been working fine in the past.

When I run a test of the jobs, the following output is observed.

Job 1:

Credentials CheckDevice       : \\CHD10S01, C:Check status : Error: e000846b, The job failed.Device       : \\CHD10S01, D:Check status : Error: e000846b, The job failed.Device       : \\CHD10S01, \\CHD10S01\<Utility Partition>Check status : Error: e000846b, The job failed.Device       : \\CHD10S01, Shadow?Copy?ComponentsCheck status : Error: e000846b, The job failed.Device       : \\CHD10S01, System?StateCheck status : Error: e000846b, The job failed.

Job2:

Credentials CheckDevice       : \\167.78.128.141, VMVCB::\\167.78.128.141\VCGuestVm\(DC)ha-datacenter(DC)\vm\CHD10VRI01Check status : Error: e0000f04, The job failed with the following error: The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not be running the Backup Exec
Remote Agent for Windows/Linux. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.
Device       : \\167.78.128.141, VMVCB::\\167.78.128.141\VCGuestVm\ha-datacenter\vm\CHD10VRI01Check status : Error: e0000f04, The job failed with the following error: The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not be running the Backup Exec
Remote Agent for Windows/Linux. Make sure that the correct version of the Remote Agent is installed and running on the target computer.
Device       : \\167.78.128.141, VMVCB::\\167.78.128.141\VCGuestVm\ha-datacenter\vm\CHD10VFP01Check status : Error: e0000f04, The job failed with the following error: The media server could not connect to the remote computer. The remote computer may not be running the Backup Exec

Media and Capacity checks are seccessful.

I repeat, the BEWS agent is installed on all W2k3 hosts and has been working before yesterday.  I have been migrating my DHCP scopes over the past couple of days, but there are no network issues or inaccessible hosts.  DHCP is working fine.  These jobs use the system account.   It has not been changed, as far as I can tell. 

Thanks

Denis

3 REPLIES 3

ClayCHD
Level 3

I restarted the BE services on the media host and the local backup job works now.  I did teh same on the remote hosts (VM's) but they still fail.  I re-ran the remote agent and aofo setup scripts (setupaa.cmd and setupaofo.cmd) on the remote hosts and the job still fails.

Any help is appreciated.

Bam_Bam
Not applicable
Can't add any solutions at this point but I'm having similar problems Backups used to work and now they don't suspect BE update broke something.

ClayCHD Did you find any solution?

ClayCHD
Level 3

On a completely different media host.  I did a search on the error and the number one response is my very own post from last March.  I have a new BU install on a newly built win2k3 server and have new jobs created from scratch. The problem started on my weekday incremental VMWARE job on Monday, out of the blue after several weeks of smooth running.

My corresponding FULL job, which runs on Saturday, backs up the full vm's without GRT.  It also failed, but only one guest actually failed of the 3.  That failure was different...

Error                  : e00084f8 - The network connection to the Backup Exec Remote Agent has been lost. Check for network errors.

ll, or at least most of teh data seems to have backed up, so this one may be a non issue.  But the incremental GRT backups are failing completely, wity no data copied.